Caulk 4200-FC Black 10 oz tube Fast-Cure Polyurethane by 3M
A one-part general purpose polyurethane that chemically reacts with moisture to deliver flexible bonds with good adhesion to wood, fiberglass, gelcoat, certain plastics & metals. Paintable & sandable. Forms watertight, weather resistant seals on joints & hardware above or below the waterline. This product is approximately half the strength of 3M 5200, which allows for disassembly of parts.
Resistant to weathering, saltwater and stresses caused by joint movement. Black formula is ideal for above and below waterline applications where aesthetic appeal is a priority. Seals between mechanically fastened joints on wood, fiberglass, metal and most plastics. Applications include sealing deck-to-hull joints, thru-hull fittings, window and door frames, etc. It is also paintable. Highly recommended for ABS, Lexan™ and other plastics.
- Formulation: One-part polyether adhesive/sealant
- Recommended Usage: Sealing deck hardware; Highly recommended for ABS, Lexan and other plastics
- Cure Time: Tack free: 2hrs.; Complete cure: 24hrs.
- Clean Up: Mineral spirits or kerosene
- Removal: Mechanical removal