Opti Mast Black-Lite for lower weight skippers
We have redesigned the BLACKLITE™ spar set for lightweight sailors. Extensive testing with coaches and sailors worldwide has proven the best solution for sailors under 40 kg is a flexible mast with 40 mm boom.
The new 25% lighter EX902 flexible mast allows the sailor to depower the rig in heavy air while the 40 mm boom helps the sail maintainproper sail shape. On the Blackgold™ mast we have the choice of a
high or low halyard cleat.
The BLACKGOLD™ RIG is the world’s most advanced Optimist rig. For many years it has been chosen as the official charter rig for the I.O.D.A World, European, Asian and Oceanian Championships.
Several outstanding results have been achieved in the past years.
- Heavy duty Black hard anodized 7075 T6 mast.
- Aerospace spec. alloy super stiff 7075 T6 mast and sprit section.
- High Delrin heel plug, for less friction and to avoid wear.
- Stainless steel hook-in block backing plate - to avoid wear.
- Through bolted and insulated vang cleat - to prevent failure.
- Aluminum pin stop instead of plastic - to avoid breakage.
- Aluminum pennant holders - which do not cut the lines.
- Halyard with HARKEN hook-in block and 29 mm HARKEN Tielite block
- Pure Vectran spliced halyard.
- Low friction nylon wind indicator - extra sensitive
- Delrin pin type heel-plug - no wear.
- Vectran control lines - zero stretch, zero creep - the ultimate
- Sprit adjuster handle
- The Blackgold mast is supplied with rigging pack